Wednesday 27 August 2008

A beginning...

Why I have started a blog? Someone thought that I was the sort of person that should have one. Blame Meera. And so, just because I'm easily lead and curious to know what happens when you sit a bonobo at a typewriter, here I am. Typing words. On a. Page. When I should be packing.

What am I going to talk about... well I'm ruling out being paticularly revealing about my life. I'm not going to write thinnly veiled commentaries about people I know (Meera!). I'm just going to... well, let's see. I may never write again...

One reason I'm having a shot at this is that I've heard so many writers say that to get good at writing, one has to write. A lot. While I'm sure this is good advice, I'm not sure this blogging counts. I don't have to edit. I don't have an audience. Or at least not much of one. Starting a blog feels like talking to yourself, and I'm pretty sure talking to yourself is frowned upon.

"Yes Chris, you're right."

I know I'm right, thanks.

Anyway, let's have a list...

List of Fascinating (or not so Fascinating) Moments in an Otherwise Mundane Existence

1.
Someone shows me Gerry Anderson's phone number on their mobile phone. I do not obtain it for myself.

2. Conservation overheard in Headingley chip shop between youths:
"You can get some fucking quality jeans for A FIVER!"
"Yeah, but are they the REAL THING? You've got to look for the little R in a circle on the logo. It stands for RIGINAL."

1 comment:

Meera Vijayann said...

Riginal..hahaha..:P I've tagged you onto my blog BTW.I'm being such a minx.Coercing everyone into blogosphere!